International Research Workshop
Discovering Statistics using IBM SPSS Statistics V.23
RCTD is organizing an international research workshop “Discovering Statistics using IBM SPSS Statistics V.23" on 21-22 July, 2017 (Friday-Saturday) from 9:30am-5:00pm PST through High Definition Video Conferencing. The course covers everything from entering data into SPSS to interpreting the result and offers easy step-by-step guide to mastering descriptive statistics and inferential analysis using SPSS. The course facilitator is Dr. Saima Rashid, IBM SPSS Certified, Faculty Member, Prince Sultan University, Saudi Arabia and Mr. Anton Svendrovski, IBM SPSS Certified, Head Statshelp, Canada
The individual participant can participate using a laptop/desktop computer connected with internet. For institutional registration and arrangements, contact us through email (email@example.com, Trainings@rctd.org ) or Call us (+92 0312-4415574, +92 42 35846988, +971 523560615, +971 558804464, +1 905 487 1733). For details, Kindly visit current workshop page and video conferencing page on www.rctd.org.
What You Will Learn?
- Master the operation of SPSS and use it confidently
- Enter and Code Data Correctly Into SPSS
- Use Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion in SPSS
- Create and Edit Graphs, Charts and Plots in SPSS
- Learn The Different Types of Inferential Statistics in SPSS
- Understand the assumption of normality and no outlier and the graphical and statistical method to check them in SPSS
- Analyse Your Data and Write-up The Results in APA and Harvard Style For Pearson, Spearman, Kendall's Tau B and Point-Biserial Correlation
- Choose The Right Statistical Technique To Analyse Data in SPSS
Date: 21-22 July, 2017 (Friday-Saturday)
Time: 9:30am-5:00pm PST
Local Participant: Rs. 3000/participant
Member: Freely (Become A Member, kindly visit: www.rctdmembers.org)
International Participant: US$ 200/participant
Institutional Participation: Rs. 40,000 (up to 40 participants)
For registration send us the following details on firstname.lastname@example.org . The registered participant will receive the fee submission details in a formal invoice.
Full Name with Initials Mr./Ms./Mrs./Dr.
Discipline/Area of Research:
Phone/Cell: For Courier
Postal Address: For courier of Certificate and a DVD of Workshop recordings
The participant will also get
- Resource Material (soft copy through email)
- Certificate of Participation (through courier)
- Software and workshop recordings (through courier)
Note: The Universities/Institutes are requested to organize this International level workshop in their own computer lab/auditorium. The host institute does not require to have any conferencing facility, the conferencing facility will be provided by RCTD. For institutional registration and arrangements, contact us through email (email@example.com, Trainings@rctd.org ) or Call us (+92 0312-4415574, +92 42 35846988, +971 523560615, +971 558804464, +1 905 487 1733). For details, Kindly visit current workshop page and video conferencing page on www.rctd.org.
The course covers everything from entering data into SPSS to interpreting the result and offers easy step-by-step guide to mastering descriptive statistics and inferential analysis using SPSS.
Firstly, we will take you through the SPSS interface, how to work the system and avoid some of the mistakes people make when choosing variable types and format in SPSS. After that, we will dive into entering data into SPSS, sorting, editing and removing data, and most importantly how to transform any variable into a new variable with recode functions. We will then focus on descriptive statistics in SPSS and you will learn how to run the major descriptive statistics like Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation and One-Samples t-test etc.
You will learn how to create graphs, plots and charts in SPSS and how to manipulate them to suit your needs.
Finally, we teach you the most important skill that most students wish they had; How to choose the appropriate statistical technique to analyze data in SPSS. We have broken down choosing the right test in SPSS into 3 simple steps:
- What is your research question?
- What is the type of variable and how many do you have?
- What is the level of measurement of your variables?
Using the three steps above, you will be able to choose the right test to use to analyze your data and we also use the flow chart to choose the right test for 20 real-life research question examples.
Upon completing this course, you will know when to use the following inferential statistic techniques:
- Pearson Correlation
- Spearman Ranked Order Correlation
- Kendall's Tau B Correlation
- Independent Samples T-test
- Paired Samples T-test
- Point Bi-Serial Correlation
- Mann Whitney U Test
- Kruskal Wallis
- Mcnemar's Test
- Chi Square
- Linear Regression
- Mutiple Regression
- Binary Logistic Regression
- Repeated Measures ANOVA
- Between Subject ANOVA
- Mixed/Split-Plot ANOVA
We use a mix of video materials, slides, template documents, SPSS data and output files to make sure this course is delivered effectively. Taking this course is perhaps going to be the best decision you will ever make if you are going to use SPSS. It is not just about the content and context, it is more to do with the way the course is delivered and our ability to debunk complicated techniques. Our philosophy is; if you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. We explain everything using simple English to make sure you make the most of this course. This course should only take few days, but what you will learn will help you for the rest of your life.
Who is the target audience?
- D, Masters and Undergraduate Students in Universities using SPSS for A Thesis, Dissertation or Statistics Module
- Investors and Professionals with keen interests in sharpening their data analysis and statistic skills
- Anyone Seeking to boost their statistics skill, while gaining an in-depth knowledge of Data Analysis in SPSS
Who Should Enroll?
- Researcher of Academia
- Data Analyst
- Research Associate
- Researchers of Marketing Research
- Researchers of R&D Organizations
- Researchers of Social Sector Organizations
For any questions or concerns regarding payments please contact one of our offices for assistance.
Managing Director (MD)
Whats App: +92 3224309974
Office: +971 523560615
Mobile: 0312 4415574
Whats App: +92 312 4415574
RCTD INC., Asia/ Gulf Region Office
P.O. BoX 64788
United Arab Emirates
217J1 Wapda Town, Lahore
Office: +971 557620275,
WhatsApp: +92 3224309974
Phone: 92 42 45224305
Fax: 92 42 45224305