QSR International Course Outline
NVivo Fundamentals and
For Registration (Click here)
NVIVO is a qualitative data analysis (QDA) computer software package produced by QSR International. It has been designed for qualitative researchers working with very rich text-based or multimedia information, where deep levels of analysis are required. NVIVO is used pre-dominantly by academic, government, health and commercial researchers across a diverse range of fields. NVIVO is intended to help users organize and analyze non-numerical or unstructured data. The software allows users to classify, sort and arrange information; examine relationships in the data; and combine analysis with linking, shaping, searching and modeling.
Research Center is organizing an international online workshop "NVivo Fundamentals and Advanced Usage" on 6-7 April, 2017 (Thursday- Friday) from 9:30am-5:00pm PST through HD Video Conferencing. The workshop contents are the official course outline of QSR International and his certified trainers will conduct the workshop. We welcome the the university/institute to join us in conferencing room or a computer lab. The individual participant can participate using a laptop/desktop computer connected with internet. For institutional registration and arrangements, contact us through email (email@example.com) or Call us (+92 0312-4415574, +92 42 35846988, +971 523560615, +971 558804464, +1 905 487 1733). For details, Kindly visit current workshop page and video conferencing page on www.rctd.org.
Note: The University/Institute can pay the fee after the workshop participation.
Day 1: NVivo Fundamentals
This hands-on workshop is a basic introduction to NVivo and will provide you with the information and practice you need to get started with your own project. Using sample data, you’ll create a project in NVivo and will work with textual data (Word documents and PDF files). You will be introduced to some basic queries and visualizations. Here’s what we’ll cover in
Day 1: Introduction and Overview of Day
- Discussion of participant goals and explanation of NVivo.
- Icebreaking, Objectives, Norms and Preparation for Learning
- Installing the software and starting a new project
Creating a new project and setting up its structure in NVivo
- Introduction to a Design Framework using sample project structure.
- Creating a new project.
- Understanding the NVivo Workspace and file structure;
- Creating folders for sources, nodes, cases.
Sources: Reflecting on data
- Importing Word documents and PDF files.
- Reading and reflecting with annotations and memos.
- Coding Creating and defining nodes.
- Viewing coding
- Moving and merging nodes
- Understanding the power of node structures.
Working with your themes and ideas and shaping your findings
- Viewing your emerging themes, topics or ideas and their content
- Understanding how and where contents being assigned and fine-tuning this
- Moving, merging and aggregating your themes, topics or ideas
Importing and coding additional sources of information
- Importing image and media sources
- Importing datasets and web data
- Using text analysis tools including word frequency and text search queries
- Storing and exporting your results
Day 2: Advanced Usage of NVivo
The second day will look at other kinds of sources, with a particular focus on survey data (datasets). In addition, we will look at the three types of mapping tools available, as well as more ways of working with queries including the matrix coding query. We will finish with a demonstration of the automated insights.
Day 2: Reviewing ways of writing
- Introducing ‘see also’ links
- Review of annotations and memos.
- Lexical queries
- Word frequency and
- Text search queries
Cases and classifications
- Attributes (variables),
- Values, cases
- Importing classification sheets
- Coding queries and visualization
- Visualizing coding for a source or node
- Comparison and explore diagrams.
Exploring patterns in the data
- Matrix coding query
- Working with attribute values and nodes to make comparisons.
- Visualizing the matrix query result.
- Advanced find, sets and search folders for more advanced comparisons
Revisiting the coding query
Creating more complex queries.
- Mind map,
- project map and concept map;
- when to use them and how they can help with analysis
Date: 6-7 April, 2017 (Thursday-Friday)
Time: 9:30am-5:00pm PST
Online Participant: Rs. 3000/participant (Pay to RCTD HBL account from anywhere in Pakistan)
For Registration (Click here)
Institutional Contribution: Rs. 45,000 (up to 40-45 participants)
Note: we would welcome the universtieis & institutes to join us in the conferencing room. For conferencing testing, we will need the email and mobile/phone no of it person. we will need 1-2 hrs to test and make all arrangements ready. The individual can join using a laptop (with any windows version) and a normal internet connection.
The participation fee includes
- Cost of 2-day Training (National and International Trainers)
- Training Manuel (Power point presentations, datasets and cases etc.)
- Conferencing (HD Conferencing with HD Audio/Video)
- Audience Response System ( For quick surveys and multiple choice exercises)
- Certificate of Participation (laminated and Framed),
- Dvds of current & Previous workshop recordings ( A pair of dvds for life time learning)
WhatsApp Group (Pre & Post Workshop Support)
We are making a whatsApp group and will add all participants and trainers in the group. The group will help pre-assessment of participants before the workshop and Post workshop support to continue learning after the workshop. The WhatsApp group will continue for one month.
QSR Internationally Certified Trainers
Lead Trainer: Dr. Rab Nawaz Lodhi
He has received grants from the Higher Education Commission (HEC) Pakistan to organize research workshops in different universities. He is a researcher and consultant to the QSR International Pty Limited, Melbourne, Australia and has an international license to train QSR-NVivo. There are only four (4) international licensed trainer of QSR-NVivo in Pakistan and he is one of them. This is the reason that he has trained thousands of MS/PhD scholars, PhD faculty members, deans, directors and professional researchers in the following twenty (22) universities and research institutes:
- Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan
- National University of Science & Technology (NUST) Islamabad, Pakistan
- FAST – National University of Computer and Emerging Studies, Islamabad, Pakistan
- University of the Punjab Lahore (Different Departments/Institutions), Pakistan
- COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (Different Campuses), Pakistan
- Shaheed Zulfiqar Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology (SZABIST) Pakistan
- Kohat University of Science & Technology, Kohat, Pakistan
- University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore, Pakistan
- International Islamic University Islamabad (IIUI), Pakistan
- University of Balochistan, Quetta, Balochistan, Pakistan
- Human Capital Management Institute (HCMI), Pakistan
- Population Association of Pakistan (PAP), Pakistan
- University of Peshawar, Peshawar, Pakistan
- Lahore Leads University, Lahore, Pakistan
- The Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
- Superior University, Lahore Pakistan
- Virtual University of Pakistan, Lahore, Pakistan
- Bahria University Islamabad, Karachi & Lahore Campus
Co- Trainer: Mr. Muhammad Zeeshan
Assistant Director Research and Training
Institute of Research Promotion (IRP)
His job description includes developing customized training modules for clients and execution of training contents. Zeeshan is a trainer and consultant of various research software i.e. SPSS, NVivo, and EndNote. He is listed as EndNote software trainer by Thomson Reuters, USA. Being the sole reseller and representative of QSR International Australia Pty Ltd in Pakistan, the Institute of Research Promotion (IRP) has endorsed him as a master trainer of NVivo software. Zeeshan has conducted many training workshops on EndNote for reference management, NVivo for the analysis of literature review, manuscript, and academic writing etc. He has also been the organizer of 100+ training workshops on research methods in last five years. He has more than 10 years working experience in the corporate sector, academic and research organizations in Pakistan. He has recently enrolled in PhD-Marketing at University of Management and Technology. Zeeshan’s major areas of research are service dominant logic of marketing and value co-creation. His other areas of research are relationship marketing, services marketing, marketing/big data analytics, and customer relationship management.
How to participate?
The confirmed participant/university will receive a confirmatory email from RCTD. The email will have a workshop join link. The participant will click the join link on the day of workshop on the time mentioned, after clicking, the setup will start and after 2-3 minutes, the participant will be connected with live HD Video Conferencing of the workshop.
Desktop computer/Laptop P4 or latest
A set of Headphone & Mic (connect to your computer)
Who Should Attend?
- Faculty Members
- Research Scholars (MPhil/PhD)
- Research Associates
- Researchers of Medical Sciences
- Researchers of R&D Organizations
- Researchers of Social Sector Organizations
For any questions or concerns regarding payments please contact one of our offices for assistance.
Managing Director (MD)
Whats App: +92 3224309974
Office: +971 523560615
Mobile: 0312 4415574
Whats App: +92 312 4415574
RCTD INC., Asia/ Gulf Region Office
P.O. BoX 64788
United Arab Emirates
217J1 Wapda Town, Lahore
Office: +971 557620275,
WhatsApp: +92 3224309974
Phone: 92 42 45224305
Fax: 92 42 45224305